Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Post-Surgery

Christian is now in the ICU recovering from surgery. The surgery went well and all of the tissue in question was removed. The reason I say tissue is because the Surgeon believes that what he removed was scar tissue possibly caused by a previous surgery or radiation. Hopefully Christian will be moved to a regular room by Wednesday, depending on how well he recovers in the ICU. The current concerns are his breathing and some mobility issues on his left side. Thank you to everyone for your continued prayers. We will continue to update the site as we learn more and get a chance on a computer.

4 comments:

Abby Brown said...

Hello to Christian and family,
I just caught up on recent posts and I wanted to say that I am glad his surgery went well. I will keep updated to see what more you find out.
Thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Abby Brown

www.caringbridge.org/visit/alexabrown

Judy said...

What a sweet and precious boy you have. My prayers and thoughts are with your family also as you are spread quite thin and across the miles during this time. God does answer prayers and I know He is there with Christian and all of you every moment. Remember John 14:14-18. Verse 18 says "I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you."

Also, Silly String is wonderful for children in hospitals because it is SO fun and easy to clean up.

From my heart to yours :)

Carrigan Family said...

Praying ..... sorry you are having to go through all of this. Christian is precious.

awilliams said...

hi amy- i got the news from jalena on the list serve- i hope christian is better tomorrow than today, and better yet the next day !!!!
take care, and we will all pray for no need for radiation !!!!
love, alice williams, mother of lexie