Thursday, May 03, 2007

Trach Surgery

He was put back on the vent today to help with resting since he has not slept in 48 hours or so and to get ready for the trach surgery tom. we are not sure what time it is all we know is they are doing it. We are scared about this for it will be alot of work and so on. They keep telling us it wont be as bad after its done but we are just nervous right now. That may be true but it still doesn't change the fact that he is getting one put in.
He is having fluid problems from the surgery the doc came in today and put another stitch to try and help that way and while is in surgery tom. he wants to go and add more if need be. If this does not settle down then he may end up with a shunt as well. So as you can see this has not been the best week for Christian or us. We are mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted.They say that if things go well he should be in a regular floor by monday of next week.

2 comments:

mriccio said...

I will pray for your family today.

Kathy Martel Sileno said...

Amy & Darren - I have been saying a Novena all day for Christian asking that if he, in fact, did get the trach today, that he be comfortable and that it be temporary and that his mom and dad are okay too.
I'm visiting my older son in Michigan this week-edn (John's older brother) - my two grandchildren - Gabby and Tyler are making their First Holy Communion tomorrow - I will light a candle for Christian and when I go to Mass on Sunday at Michigan State, I will light a candle again - I won't stop saying prayers for him - I truly believe the prayers will help - Johnny Sileno's grandma (or as he calls me "Mima"