Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Ramp/Lift Help Needed

As some of you know we are trying to get a ramp/lift put in before the bad weather hits us. We are however having a hard time with it, so we are asking if anyone that is reading this knows a way and can help us get this done before the snow starts coming. With Christian going to school I have to take him out of his chair in order to get onto and off the porch, the chair is not very light and is complicated. Thank you for any help you can give us right now.

1 comment:

Kathy Martel Sileno said...

Amy - I would call Lowe's or Home Depot and ask for their Corporate phone numbers (don't talk to the local store) - Call corporate and ask if they would participate in erecting a ramp and provide labor and materials - hey, it's free advertising for them. I would call the school and ask if they know of anyone who would build the ramp if you supply the materials. I would find out if your town has any pediatric brain cancer foundations - there's probably a slew of them - if you can find out, they will put you in touch with help and last but not least call Make A Wish Foundation - they'll help. Let me knowhow you make out. Christian is such a little doll - I wish I lived in your town, I would find the right person. Your church would also help too or tell you who to talk to. It's hard asking for help but it's not hard when it comes to your child - good luck!