Friday, November 09, 2007

Trach and Lift update

We have heard from the ENT doctor today Christian will be having surgery to remove the trach on Nov. 30th. So we are asking that things will go well and he will be able to keep the trach out.

We have been given a lift and had a guy come out today to give an estimate on putting the lift in so hopefully by December we will one in and working. There have been a couple foundations that are offering to help us with the payment of this and we are very grateful for this.

Things are going ok around here he will finish his 2nd dose of VP 16 this saturday. He is doing good in school and is very excited to go visit his great grandma in afew weeks.

Please keep all of the cancer families in your thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah i'm happy for you Christian i'm glad that your traech is coming out

Anonymous said...

This is great news on both counts!! Things are looking up there!! I am wrapping the Christmas suprise boxes for my fairies and angel this weekend. Have worked on one already so you know who has been on my mind tonight!! Tell Christian I wish he was here so he could hold my hand!! I have to have my gallbladder out and I think I might need some special handholding!!(LOL) He's our hospital pro!!
Miss all of you.

Anonymous said...

I will certainly pray for the surgery to go well and that the trach can stay out permanently. I bet Christian will be happy to get rid of it. Congrats on the new ramp - I'm sure that will make things much easier.

Hugs to all of you!!

Anonymous said...

We have never met, however I found your link on little Johnny Sileno's CaringBridge site. His aunt works with my husband, who is a pilot in the Air Force and a father to three beautiful daughters.

We are currently at Walter Reed Hospital in Washington DC because my husband is being treated for a terminal brain tumor. We are actually "WAITING" on another opinion from a third pathology report because one said he had a stage 4 glioma-multiforme glioblastoma and the other said he had a stage 2 astrocytoma glioma. That's a pretty large difference.

We wanted you to know we will be praying for your little boy. Our 3 year old was born with craniosynostosis which required surgery and a year and a half of therapy. So I know what it is like and how scary it is to have a sick child. She is good now and SO full of energy and life. Now we are battling this cancer in my husband.

We would like to wish your family a Very Happy Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, we will not be with our children today, as we are still here at the hospital in DC. They will be at my sister's house in Oklahoma. However, the girls are flying out to see us next week. We're so excited, it's been more than two months, since we were home.

Stay strong and give thanks for being able to celebrate LIFE!

God Bless, Shelly & Scott Perkins

PS You may visit our site if you wish:
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/scottperkins