Monday, October 13, 2008

3 years

It was 3 years ago today that our lives forever changed. Our first stop was to the peds office and from there to Children's to the ER, we were expecting to hear news about his tonsils or something to do with ENT. But when Darren and Christian came back to the room where I was waiting and he said that he thinks there was something on his brain I did not want to believe it, I shoved it off to the fall that he had a few months earlier and that he was going to be just fine.

A few minutes later two doctors came into that tiny room that we were waiting with sad looks on there face. The woman doctor came closer to us and said that the CT showed there was a spot on Christians brain and they believed it was a tumor. No parent wants to hear this about there baby, and of course we were in shock even when the NS came in to talk to us and let us know that Christian would need surgery, we left the er and went to ICU that was the longest and most confusing night.

So this explained why he was so sick for a month and why he wasn't walking. But again how could this happen to a beautiful 2 year old. I remember I was wearing a teal sweater and was 7and half months pregnant.And seeing my beautiful Christian so sick and feeling so helpless. That was the day that we entered in the world of Brain Tumors and doctors,surgeries,chemo's,radiation.

Today is a day I will never forget. I miss you my sweet sweet Christian and will love you forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,
I think of you all often, I miss seeing all of you. I hope you're taking care of yourself.
Tammy

Mary Coffey said...

HI Amy,

I was just catching up on your blog. It's been so long since I looked at it. I should have kept my own blog for Bob. It's amazing how we vividly remember the day that changed our lives. January 7th will never escape me. October 13th was Bob's birthday. It just struck me with chills to find out it was the day you found out about Christian.