Thursday, April 17, 2008

update on us

These past few days have been a little rough for me. Darren has went back to work and now its just me and carter at home. When he is napping that leaves alot of time for thinking and being sad.
The other day I think Christian was coming out in Carter because he looked at me after i said something to him and he gave me his fist.Christian would do that all the time if he was mad at us or was playing around.
We are starting work on our garden, doing the clean up and so on. We are waiting for the sign to be made and sent back before we start working on the garden at the church. If you would like to make donations towards that you can email me and I will give you the address. amikinsjo@yahoo.com it will be nice to be able to sit out in the garden and think of him and how he loved to pick the flowers and give them to me.
I thank god we have Carter to help us get through this rough time. He makes us smile everyday and makes us want to go on. He has been more loveable lately giving hugs and kisses and wants to be rocked like a baby.

4 comments:

Toni said...

Dear Showers Family,
I visited your site after seeing Christian's name posted on another site. I have spent all evening reading about your precious little Christian and my heart breaks for all the pain your family has endured. I agree with you when you object to someone saying, "Everything happens for a reason." Although the person means well, there is no good reason for a child having cancer. It is much more likely that sometimes bad things just happen to good people. I am glad that Christian is now pain free, but I am sure you miss him terribly. I pray that in time the lovely pictures and cherished memories of good times spent with your little one will bring you peace. You loved him and gave him everything you could. If you think it would help, maybe you could put together a scrapbook of pictures and memories of things he liked and things he said so you will have a special memory book to share with Carter. Christian wants happiness for the three of you and little Carter is a gift from God to help you move forward. God bless you and take it one day at a time.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy- Is it different than your home address?

Hugs to Carter.

Jalena

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy - A garden is a wonderful place to sit and remember Christian - we think of you all the time. Love from Johnny Sileno's proud grandma, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you, your family, and your angel.


-- Someone who cares; Fort Knox, KY